Daily Tips To Help You Organize
It’s been a long, cold winter. Has the clutter buried you like the snow this winter? YOU can dig out from the mounds of clutter by implementing a few simple organizing tasks each day. You’ll be glad you did once the warm weather gets here.
- CREATE 15 MINUTE TIME BLOCKS each day to accomplish one organizing task every day. This time block will become a habit if you do it at the same time every day.
- GET RID OF JUNK EMAILS. While at your desk, take 10-15 minutes to unsubscribe to as many junk emails as you can in that time block.
- ELIMINATE PAPER PILES on your desk, countertop, or anywhere! Here’s a Tip: If you turn your paper pile upside down to sort through the papers. By doing so, you will more than likely be sorting through the older papers first making it easier to toss them out. If you spend 10-15 minutes each day tossing old papers, you will be through those stacks in no time.
- SORT THROUGH YOUR MAGAZINES, catalogs, and newspapers that are by your bedside, on your desk, or on your kitchen counter. I guarantee you that if it is months old you will never take the time to go back and read it. Toss them into the recycle bin!
- CLEAN OUT ONE DRAWER PER DAY. If you focus on one drawer at a time, no matter what room it is in, you will be far less overwhelmed and will gain peace of mind while you work away at that unwanted clutter.
- MAKE A DONATION BAG. Go through your closets and choose items you will never wear again or don’t fit (be honest). Do this regularly. When the bag is full…DONATE THE ITEMS!